I wouldn’t recommend a car here. We rented one at the port, got a ticket and barely used it. Also, the roads are narrow, traffic can be bad in Oia and parking is limited. There’s a nice coach bus for a few dollars that runs regularly and is convenient if you want to back and forth between Imerovigli and Oia.
Where to Stay:
Anywhere in Oia and Imerovigli on the cliff ledge overlooking the caldera. We spent so much time at our villa here because the view was so spectacular.
Where to Eat:
- Pelekanos Restaurant
- Theonis Kitchen
- Aktaion- Understated, nothing fancy but the food is fantastic.
What to Do:
- Full day sail. 100% can’t miss. We went with Capt. Ted’s Santorini Sailing (the options are overwhelming.) We did a group trip, which was fun and lively, but it depends what you’re after. They have small and private tours as well. Drinks and food were included and we stopped everywhere you’d hope to to swim and snorkel. They have a private beach we stopped at for a dinner buffet as well. I would book at least a week in advance.
- Walk down to Amoudi Bay and around the cliff end past the restaurants. There’s a great spot to swim and a cliff jump.
- Oia Castle is a pretty spot to get a nice view, ideal for sunset but can be crowded.
- Coastal walking/hiking trail between Imerovigli and Oia is a must as well.
- Black Beach was overrated in my opinion. Not worth the trip down there.
- Akrotiri- Really cool historical site but most importantly there’s a restaurant on the way I would definitely recommend if I could remember the name. It’s really small and empty but if you see it it’s worth the stop. The owner is the sweetest little lady and she just whips everything up in her kitchen. I don’t think they’re on the map.