Dunedin is one of the most adorable spots in Florida. It has it all in my opinion, stunning natural beaches, a bike trail, marinas, fantastic food, breweries, and adventure.
Here’s a quick guide to having the best Florida staycation:
Where to stay: I booked a few nights at the Fenway because I’m a sucker for rooftop bars and historic architecture. I’d recommend it for the location and amenities, although it is a bit pricey.
What to do: Where you stay isn’t too critical as there’s so much to do you won’t want to spend too much time in your hotel anyway.
- Bike along the Pinellas Trail to Tarpon Springs
- Tarpon Springs has boat rentals, great Greek food, and fun shops along the sponge docks.
- While on your ride, stop at the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary along the way to visit the chimps.
- Honeymoon Island – this natural slice of white sand has walking trails and stretches of uncrowded beaches.
- Caladesi Island – take the ferry, kayak or drive to his remote stretch of rural beach.
- Tour the local breweries – bike or walk around town to visit Caledonia Brewing, Dunedin House of Beer, HOB Brew Co., Woodwright Brew Co, Dunedin Brewery, Soggy Bottom, 7venth Sun and more.
Where to Eat:
- Olde Bay Cafe – Unfussy, chilled, with amazing views. The fish dip is amazing.
- Crown and Bull – busy for brunch but a great spot for Bloody Mary’s.
- Casa Tina – Incredible, authentic Mexican food
- The Honu
- Sonder Social Club
- Lucky Lobster Co
- Hog Island Fish Camp Seafood
- Hi-Fi Rooftop – if you don’t stay at Fenway, at least stop by for the sunset views at Hi-Fi.